[20210604 : Colloquium]
Operations preserving polynomially chi-boundedness
1. 일시 : 2021년 6월 4일 (금) 16:00-17:00
2. 장소 : 아산이학관 526호 및 Zoom을 이용한 실시간 온라인 강연 동시 진행
- Zoom링크 :
- 회의ID : 857 8265 3817, 암호 : qm4DVSzDP.
3. 연사 : 김린기 교수 (인하대 수학과)
4. 제목 : Operations preserving polynomially chi-boundedness
5. 초록 : A coloring of a graph G is a coloring of vertices of G so that no pair of adjacent vertices receive the same color, and the chromatic number of G is the minimum number of colors needed for a coloring of G.
The main question regarding graph coloring in structural graph theory is the following: how can we control the chromatic number by controlling local structures of graphs? To study this question, the concept of chi-boundedness has been invented. We say a class C of graphs is chi-bounded if there is a function f such that ≤ for every G in C, where is the maximum size of a set of vertices of G pairwise adjacent. In particular, if f is polynomial, then C is said to be polynomially chi-bounded. In this talk, I will talk about conjectures and recent results regarding chi-boundedness, and poly chi-boundedness.